Important Information For Your Massage Appointment
MYOMASTERS is a professional massage therapy practice, and as such, follows a strict code of ethics in accordance with Massage and Myotherapy Australia.
We love massage. It’s wonderful. However there are some things that we take really seriously.
- Massage therapy involves the use of touch, and may at times include the use of oils, lotions, creams, or therapeutic taping
- Please arrive to your treatment as clean as you are possibly able to. We are not bothered by mild body odour; however grime from work can make massage difficult to perform.
- We may refuse to treat you is if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Please notify your therapist if you are taking or have taken prescription drugs for pain management or anti-inflammatory purposes in the past 12 hours.
- Your therapist will provide instructions for undressing and you may undress to your comfort. We prefer you to wear underpants so that your therapist can tuck the towel for leg work.
- Your therapist will cover and drape you with clean linen for your comfort and privacy and will only expose the area of body that is being worked.
- Breast or genital massage is not performed here and is prohibited under the Code of Practice for massage therapists.
- If you are under the age of 16 you must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Young people can request his/her parent/guardian to wait in the nearby waiting area.
- You can request a friend or relative to accompany you in the massage session if this will help you to feel more comfortable; provided that person does not disrupt the session.
Massage therapy provided by MYOMASTERS is therapeutic in nature. All massage services provided by the practitioner are non-sexual. We will not tolerate sexual conversation or behaviour and we don’t expect you to either.
Appointments terminated for inappropriate behaviour by you will be charged the full session fee and this practice will be closed to you with no referral. Inappropriate behaviour by the therapist will result in the matter being referred to Massage and Myotherapy Association or relevant State authority for independent investigation.
You can schedule appointments through our online booking portal or by phone at 7078 5949.
Massage Therapy Sessions
Each session will begin with a few moments for you to relax, for you to discuss your current state of health, and any changes that have occurred since your last session. Please discuss any areas of discomfort or points of focus with your therapist who will also recommend a treatment plan with you.
You do not have to accept the therapist’s recommendations for treatment.
Cancellation and Rescheduling
We understand that from time to time you may not be able to attend your scheduled appointment. Please provide 24 hours’ notice of cancellation so that we may offer your appointment to someone who may be waiting. We understand that everyone has an occasional emergency and we will demonstrate compassion and understanding for life events.
We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee up to 100% the value of your appointment. However, we will make a reasonable effort to fill any vacancy first.
Please call if you are running late as we still may be able to fit your treatment into the booking schedule. On a busy day, we may shorten your session and we will still charge you for your full session.
Payment is required at the conclusion of your treatment and is accepted in cash or via credit card. If you are registered with a health fund, then a claim can be made on the spot via HiCAPS.
Limits of Practice
MYOMASTERS is a massage therapy practice – only massage and related body work modalities are practiced by therapists. The therapists of MYOMASTERS do not diagnose medical conditions. If you have any questions about your symptoms, please contact your doctor.
Please contact us with any questions regarding these policies at 08 7078 5949 or via email at email@example.com. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have.